This food guard slips on to the rail of the Gourmet Series Paddle Graters (except the Ultra Coarse Grater). Drop smaller foods, like garlic, ginger, chocolate chips, nuts, and small veggies into the hopper, push down on the plunger and grate! This accessory helps to easily grate these foods without putting your fingers in the way of the ultra-sharp blades.
Use with Fine blade for:
- Nutmeg and cinnamon, to turn your grater into a spice grinder.
- That last bit of parmesan or other hard cheese
Use with Coarse blade for:
- Nuts to turn your grater into a nut flour grinder
- Chocolate when garnishing
Use with an Extra Coarse blade for;
- Baby Carrots to add that bite size piece to salads
- That last bit of soft cheese like cheddar or mozzarella
Use with a Ribbon blade for:
- Baby or fingerling potatoes for hashbrowns
- Shallots or garlic for adding flavor to recipes