The Herb and Leafy Green 2pc Set:
Bring together all the tools you need to create flavorful meals with fresh herbs and greens. The SwiftStrip removes all the leaves from a stem and is designed to have large enough holes to strip dinosaur kale and chards. The Herb and Salad Chopper can be used to mince up all those greens, for salads, stirring into soups or stews, or to freeze those herbs for later use! Enjoy this 2 piece set, it works well as a gift. Pair it with an aerogarden, or windowsill herb garden for fresh flavor all year.
- One Herb and Salad Chopper
- One SwiftStrip with Cover
About the Herb and Salad Chopper:
The Microplane® Herb and Salad Chopper was awarded the 2015 iF Design Award!
Grab this convenient and efficient Herb and Salad Chopper when the recipe calls for chopped leafy greens or herbs. Two ultra-sharp, surgical stainless steel blades are fixed into the handle and retract into the unit for storage. Three simple steps to activate the blades. Pull the release tab out, then push down on the tab until the blades appear, finally release tab on the other end. Now the mezzaluna is ready for use. The double blade provides efficient and effortless mincing or chopping by rocking the unit back and forth over the greens. Super sharp blades easily chop fresh leafy greens, and herbs and mince onions, garlic, chocolate, and nuts. The handle is shaped to fit the curve of your hand and has a soft-touch grip making it comfortable to use.
- Retractable blades for convenient and safe storage
- Dual blade with rounded edges efficiently
- Chops fresh or dried herbs
- Preps ingredients for salads
- Economically designed soft grip handle
- Materials: Surgical grade stainless steel blades. Plastic housing.
About the SwiftStrip
Crafted in durable stainless steel, the SwiftStrip is a uniquely curved tool that combines holes to easily strip off the leaves of herbs and leafy greens with a razor-sharp, beveled edge blade at the end for trimming stems. The SwiftStrip offers a mixture of different size holes to make it a cinch prepping all types of herbs and “superfood” leafy greens. The tool’s largest hole is specifically sized to accommodate trendy and delicious Tuscan kale (also known as lacinato, dinosaur and palm tree kale). A mixture of different size holes makes it easy to use the SwiftStrip to prep a wide range of herbs and other types of leafy greens. The clever tool’s stainless steel body is sturdy enough to provide leverage when pulling stems from tough greens without having to worry about breakage.
- Perfect for right or left-handed use
- Beveled edge blade for trimming stems
- Large holes to accommodate various types and sizes of kale and chard
- Small holes work with an array of small stemmed herbs
- Reusable cover to protect blade in storage
- Constructed of sturdy stainless steel