6/6/2019 Breakfast Recipes
Jump start your breakfast with this wholesome granola recipe. This mixture of nuts and fresh coconut is almost guaranteed to feel like a warm hug on a winters day!Using your Elite Extra Coarse Grater, grate 1 cup of fresh coconut. Combine your oats, nuts, coconut, flax seeds, and brown sugar. Be sure to use a separate bowl and combine the maple syrup, oil, salt, cinnamon, and cardamom. After you combine both ingredients together, pour onto two sheet pans and cook for one hour and 15 minutes in an oven set at 325 degrees. Enjoy your granola with milk or yogurt! You can also add fresh fruit toppings.
Homemade Granola Recipe
- 3 cupsrolled oats
- 1 cupfresh coconut
- 1 cupsliced almonds
- 1 cupchopped walnuts
- 1/4 cupflax seeds
- 1/2 cupmaple syrup
- 1/4 cupdark brown sugar
- 1/3 cupolive oil
- 1 tspsalt
- 1 tspcinnamon
- 1/2 tspcardamon
- 1 cupraisins (optional)
- Using a Microplane Elite Series Extra Coarse Grater, grate 1 cup of fresh coconut.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, flax seeds, and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, salt, cinnamon, and cardamon.
- Combine both mixtures and pour onto 2 sheet pans.
- Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 325 degrees, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
- Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl.
- Add raisins and mix until evenly distributed.